“…And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
O, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?”
It’s the Fourth of July! Time to get out the BBQ, cook the hot dogs, hamburgers, s’mores, watching fireworks, listening to music, and celebrate with family and friends! Make this Independence Day one to remember!
Head out to one of your local town’s celebrations! Get the lawn chairs and blankets and watch the night sky be lite up with an array of colors. Where do you plan to watch this spectacular event? Maybe you should take a day trip away from the crowd of Memphis to Hernando, Collierville, Ripley, or Covington. Here are a few options:
Thursday, July 3rd, 2014
– Independence Day Celebration – Hernando, MS – 4PM-8PM
– Parade for Covington Dixie Girls Softball – Covington, TN – 4:30pm
– Rock The Block 2014 – Atoka, TN – 7PM-9PM
Friday, July 4th, 2014
– Independence Day Celebration – Fort Pillow State Park – 7/4-7/6 (Go Camping!)
– Test & Tune: TNT & Fireworks – Memphis International Raceway, Millington, TN – 7PM-11PM
– 15th Annual 4th July Celebrate Your Independence Fireworks & Festival – Olive Branch, MS – 6PM-9PM